Fairy-Tale Christmas week in Transylvania at Count Kálnoky’s Estate at Miklósvár
Sat.23 - Sat.30.12.23
Optional add-on: Quiet New Year Retreat at the former Prince of Wales’s, now King Charles’s private Transylvanian hamlet at Zalánpatak Sat.30. - Tue.2.1. Dates flexible according to flights. Individual bookings welcome but can only be confirmed once the total of bookings reaches minimum 12 pax. 50% advance payment refundable only if cancelled 2 months before check-in
*Saturday 23.12 - Saturday 30.12. - 1.650 Eur/person all inclusive (sharing a double or twin room)
*Add-on at the former Prince of Wales’s, now King Charles’s Retreat 30.12 - 2.2 - 590 Eur-person all inclusive.
Including house wine with the meals, welcome drink at the pub. Excluding any further beverages and transfers to / from the airport or station and optional activities.
- Welcome drinks at the Estate’s Stone Pub with count Kalnoky. Stone Pub open every day between 5 and 8 PM and after dinner upon request.
After dinner: using the outdoors hot-tubs (salty water) and sauna. These are available throughout your stay. Massages possible at prior request for a fee
- Relaxing horse and cart ride and walk through the pastures and forest with barbecue picnic.
- Afternoon: castle museum visit, then time available for Christmas preparations, tree decorations. Respective dinners at 8 PM
- Optional: private room in the castle or the main house with decorated tree to celebrate your own Christmas with private dinner being served for you there (150 eur/private room). Optional midnight mass (roman catholic).
- The fascinating world of Transylvania’s Religions. Due to religious freedom since 1568, every village has a multitude of faiths which we let you discover with our guide. High mass in the catholic church at noon with the village community.
- Festive Christmas dinner hosted by count Kalnoky. Black tie or traditional dress optional.
- The Pied Piper’s cave and canyon. Excursion through a canyon leading to the cave from where, according to legend, the Pied Piper re-emerged with the abducted children of Hamelin, thus founding the Saxon population of Transylvania.
Afternoon: catch your dinner at the castle pond
- Brasov Old Town and Bran (“Dracula’s) castle. Day excursion with sightseeing and shopping.
Crafts Day and participating in a restoration workshop in an old manor. Visiting crafts workshops, blacksmith in the nearby area. Evening bear watching.
- Visiting a nearby volcanic landscape with basalt columns, crater and lake and the oldest oak-tree in Romania in midst medieval cultural landscape so typical to Transylvania.
- departure after breakfast
- Optional skiing day at Poiana Brașov or riding (lessons or day-ride) with countess Kalnoky at the family stud in Kőröspatak (Valea Crișului) 200 eur/person including transfers, full day
Optional Add-on: quiet New Year retreat at the former Prince of Wales’s, now King Charles’s private Transylvanian hamlet at Zalánpatak 30.12-2.1.
- Saturday 30.12.: natural perfume and cosmetics workshop, creating your personal perfume or cosmetics using the wild flowers and herbs from Zalánpatak
- Sunday 31.12: carving walking sticks, baking traditional chimney-cake. Lunch on site. Afternoon discovering the village on foot. Evening New Year bonfire, open bar from 23h with mulled wine and beer. Extra beverages at cost.
- Monday 1.1.: walk and horse & cart (or sleigh) ride through the hills, with mulled wine and barbecue
- Tuesday: departure after breakfast
*Hot salt water tub and volcanic gas exhaust cabin on site.
*For availability and reservations please enquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your stay contributes to the sustainable development of Transylvania and to the preservation of its cultural and natural heritage. The Kálnoky Foundation collaborates with The Prince of Wales's Foundation in Romania.