Terms and conditions
TO FINALIZE YOUR BOOKING YOU'LL RECEIVE A SECURE LINK VIA EMAIL FOR ONLINE PAYMENT.
*PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX TOO.
Your booking will expire in 24 hours if no payment is received (72 hours if you have made the reservation in the weekend).
Travel and insurance are not included, but insurance is compulsory (ask a travel agency for advice).
We request a deposit of 50% from the total booked sum. Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
Rest of payment on departure by cash or card (Visa or Master Card). Due to local bank fees we are sorry to have to bill an extra 2% if payment occurs by card. Debiting can only happen in EUR or RON.
THE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT IS 20 EUR/room/night.
I have read this agreement and I agree to the terms and conditions.
By using our website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately after you confirm the booking.
By accessing, browsing and using our website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the "website") and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
By making a reservation through this website, you enter into a direct contractual relationship with Count Kalnoky’s Estate.
Company name: AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL, Address: VALEA CRISULUI NR 5/A, JUD COVASNA, ROMANIA; VAT NO RO12004103, Reg No J14/254/1998
Count Kalnoky’s Estate respects your privacy.
By making a reservation, you accept and agree to our cancellation policy below. If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your reservation, please revert to the confirmation email.
In order to duly complete and secure your reservation, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address or inaccurate or wrong (mobile) phone number or credit card number.
I fully understand and accept that there can be risks involved in all activities organized by Count Kalnoky’s Estate at Miklosvar and Zalanpatak, including wildlife hide, travelling by horse-drawn vehicle and other equestrian activities, and I am aware that medical services may be more limited than in Western Europe, the US/Canada, etc. I confirm that, notwithstanding this, I am taking part in the holiday solely at my own risk, I am in good physical and mental health, I am not travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner, and I know of no reason (medical or otherwise) why I should not participate in the holiday.
Please inform us if there’s any illness/disorder/allergy/dietary request you think we should know about, before your arrival.
(We need to know if you suffer from any condition that may affect your balance or which may cause loss of consciousness; if you take any medication that may affect your alertness or balance (e.g. tranquilizers, antidepressants); hay fever; allergies to insect bites; lower back pathology; and anything else that you or your doctor considers significant. We will treat this information as confidential between us.)
Alteration / cancellation
By AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL
1. The information and particularities included in our publicity, information sheets and itineraries have been prepared carefully, and care is taken to make sure that the information is correct at the time of issue. However circumstances can change, hence changes can occasionally occur. We reserve the right to make changes to any published details (including prices) and itineraries at any time. If you contact us regarding a particular trip, we shall tell you about any proposed changes. Once confirmation is made, we shall try to run your trip as booked, however in rare circumstances it may be necessary to make changes after booking. Any necessary changes will usually be minor, but very occasionally it may be necessary to make a “significant” change. In these circumstances we shall offer you three alternatives.
(i) To accept the changes.
(ii) Subject to paragraphs relating to force majeure, to accept a full refund (excluding any insurance premiums and amendment charges made).
(iii) A substitute trip. Our liability to you in the event of a “significant” change is limited to these options. Where it is necessary to make a minor change (i.e. one that is not “significant”) then we shall try to notify you but are not obliged to, and we shall not be obliged to offer you any compensation.
2. If we are obliged to cancel your holiday for any reason other than a fault of yours (including failure to pay any money due) or force majeure then we may offer you a substitute trip if one is available.
If these options are not acceptable, or if we are unable to offer a substitute, you will be offered a full refund (excluding any insurance premiums and amendment charges paid).
By THE CLIENT
Cancellations are possible before the start of the rental period. Cancellations must be declared in written form. The date of the cancellation is deemed to be the date, when the written declaration is received by the guesthouse. In case of cancellation or no show, the following terms apply:
1. up to 90 days before beginning of reservation period a cancellation fee: 0%
2. up to 15 days before beginning of reservation period a cancellation fee of 50% of total confirmed rental costs
3. up to 7 days before beginning of reservation period a cancellation fee of 75% of total confirmed rental costs
4. less than 7 days before beginning of reservation period – the total price is charged as compensation
5. For event bookings (weddings, baptisms, teambuilding’s, conferences or other events) special cancellation conditions may apply.
Once a booking is cancelled, the down payment made will be repaid to guests according to the above-mentioned terms within 30 days.
We highly recommend to take out a travel cancellation insurance, offers can be found here: http://www.travelguard.com.
3. In these conditions “force majeure” means
(i) unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL and its suppliers and the consequences of which neither of AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL nor its suppliers could avoid even if exercising all due care; and
(ii) events which neither AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL nor its suppliers, even with all due care, could foresee or forestall. It includes (but is not limited to) riot, civil unrest, war, terrorist activity and the threat of any of the foregoing, industrial dispute, natural disaster, extreme adverse weather conditions, sudden serious illness to staff or suppliers or other clients, fire and similar events outside our control. It also includes any other event and circumstance which the Foreign Office in London considers hazardous or threatening to tourists and as a result of which it is advising against non-essential travel.
4. On extremely rare occasions, circumstances which amount to force majeure may affect your travel plans, with the result that either we are unable to provide the holiday booked or you are unable to participate in part or in full. In these circumstances neither AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL nor its suppliers shall be liable to make any refund, nor to compensate you for any changes or additional expenses that you may be obliged to incur as a result of force majeure.
5. The accommodation, meals, transport, activities, horses and other services arranged by AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL variously belong to and are operated by ourselves and independent operators. We do not have direct control over elements belonging to, or operated by, independent operators. However we do accept liability for the proper performance of our contract to you as a direct result of any failure to perform or improper performance of the same, except that we shall not be liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or other expense (including death or injury) in the following circumstances:
(i) Through your own act or omission.
(ii) An act or omission by a third party not connected with the arrangements and/or beyond the direct control of ourselves and our suppliers.
(iii) Failure to perform or improper performance of any additional activities for which local cash payment was agreed, including any consequences to subsequent arrangements.
(iv) An act or omission by another person participating in activities organized by AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL.
(v) Any accident, injury or loss resulting from risks inherent in all our activities, including but not limited to those detailed below.
In addition, AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL’s liability shall be subject to the following limitations: liability other than for death and personal injury is limited to such amount as is reasonable taking into account the cost of the arrangements booked for the person affected (excluding insurance premiums) and shall not exceed the cost of the arrangements booked for the person affected; and that we shall not under any circumstances be liable for loss of or damage to personal effects (including but not limited to baggage, passports, tickets, documents and clothing) beyond a limit of 25 Euro per person since you are expected to have taken out adequate insurance. AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL’s liability in event of death or personal injury shall be limited to the provisions of the insurance policy held by the company.
6. During the nature tours, wild life hide, whilst riding or in the vicinity of horses or other animals in the care of your guide or operator for the trip you must comply with the instructions of that person. It is a condition of your booking that you accept that that person is entitled to require you to dismount or to refuse to allow you to ride or do other activity if for any reason, including your inability, behavior, health, or being influenced by intoxicants, they consider that you may endanger the safety or welfare of you, the horses or other animals, of any person or risk damaging any property and if so required you will have no claim against AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL or its suppliers for any compensation or refund. In the event of behavior (including breaches of Romanian law) that may put in jeopardy the good reputation of AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL or of its proprietors or suppliers, or expose AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL or of its proprietors or suppliers to the risk of prosecution or of legal or civil liability within Romania, we are entitled to require you to dismount or to refuse to allow you to ride or require you to leave the trip immediately, and if so required you will have no claim against AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL’s or its proprietors or suppliers for any compensation or refund.
7. You acknowledge that there are risks involved in all activities and confirm that you are fully aware of and accept this. You acknowledge that animals can behave unpredictably in ways that can cause injury or death; can kick, bite and otherwise act in ways that can cause injury or death; can run, bolt, strike fixed objects and trees or cause the rider to strike fixed objects and trees, break or damage their tack or harness, shy, slip or fall in ways that can cause injury or death; can cause horse-drawn vehicles pulled by them to overturn, strike fixed objects and stationary or moving vehicles, or cause persons riding in the vehicle to fall out, in ways that can cause injury or death. This also includes the risk of loss or damage to clothing and other belongings whilst taking part in equestrian activities. You indemnify AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL against any claim for death, injury or loss that you may suffer caused by the company’s horses and horse-drawn vehicles, by whatever direct or indirect cause. You are advised for your own safety to wear a hard hat whilst riding. If you decide not to wear a hard hat then you agree to indemnify AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL and its suppliers against all claims pertaining to personal injury and death resulting from your choice (where applicable) not to wear a hard hat. AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL does not undertake to supply riders with hard hats and, if we do so, we do not warrant the performance of any hat that we may supply and are not in any way liable for any defect or improper performance of that hat.
8. It is a condition of your booking with us that you have appropriate medical insurance to cover you in the event of an emergency whilst taking part in the arrangements organized. Although insurance is your sole responsibility, we may require evidence of cover before accepting a booking or before allowing you to take part on our tours. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate insurance to cover you in the event of delays to your travel arrangements and against cancellation charges payable under these conditions if you have to cancel your trip, also to cover you against loss or delay to your baggage and loss of other personal effects including passports, and all consequences of any such losses and delays. Baggage and personal effects, including passports, tickets and other documents, are your sole responsibility at all times.
Visa & health requirements
9. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary documentation for your holiday, and AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL will not be held responsible if you do not comply with current requirements or for any losses or costs you may incur through non-compliance. However, such matters are subject to change and you must check current requirements before departure.
If you have a problem
10. If you have a complaint or grievance whilst on holiday you must inform immediately the guide or operator of your trip so that he/she can try to put it right. If the matter cannot be resolved locally and you still wish to make a complaint, then you should write to AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL not less than 21 days after the last day of your holiday.
11. All clauses and terms of this contract apply equally to our guests, howsoever each of them may be traveling, including but not limited to traveling on foot, by public transport, by bicycle, by horse-drawn vehicle or by car. In the case of accompanying non-riders traveling on foot, by bicycle or by car, we will give our best advice regarding routes and surfaces, however we do not warrant that any route is safe or suitable for pedestrian, bicycle or motor traffic, and shall not be liable for any delay, damage, injury, death or other loss resulting from deficiencies in any route or surface.
12. Your contract with AKY PROD COM SERVICE SRL and matters arising from it are governed by Romanian law, and both parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Romanian state.
13. You agree that any photographs or film including digital information taken during a holiday arranged by us may be used by us in any publication or on our website or for promotional purposes.